Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter Eggs, Italian Food & TV


Mildred came over yesterday and we painted Graffiti Easter eggs. We had Graffiti eggs and then eggs that were drawn in the likeness of people we hated and we called them as such. Andrew the jerk-off from Equity egg, Kevin the lying-fuck-ex-boyfriend egg, Sandra the-bitch-who-took-all-my-stuff-egg. Millie, as she'd rather be called, got egg gunk everywhere on my sofa since she pressed a green felt tip sharpie too hard into the Prick-that-got-her-pregnant egg and got bits of yolk and shell all over: in the cracks, cushions, all over. We laughed at first until after I wiped it up and there were hard yellow streaks and a smell like garbage coming from the couch. She told me I was supposed to boil the eggs first but that seemed like a lot of work. I got depressed later when I thought of the baby chick dead on my sofa and then grossed out when Millie told me that the egg never would have been a baby but what I did have was the equivalent of a chicken's period on my couch.

Millie brought over a Breakfast at Tiffany's DVD. I saw it once before and guess it was alright. I kept asking her what the Breakfast part of the movie was about since I never saw them actually eating anything, just cocktails, and if maybe the Breakfast at Tiffany's line was a metaphor for something. She didn't answer the first few times because she thought I was joking. She finally told me the title was a line taken from the actual movie when that chick says let's have breakfast at 'Tiffany's' but I didn't get it because I was still waiting for them to meet up in a diner and I asked her if maybe there was a diner scene as part of the extras on the DVD.

I like movies that take place in diners, like that one with the guy from Mad About You and a bunch of other people who are eating all dressed up in suits. And Frankie & Johnny even though it's a chick flick a lot of it takes place in the diner itself, which I like. I'm not so big on movies but I am on food so it's a plus if I get to watch different foods on a big screen because I like to imagine I have a steak as big as a Chevy or a pile of potatoes that's the size of a bunny slope.

Later on Big Josh came by to watch the Sopranos. We call him Big Josh because he's big, both ways, vertically and horizontally. I like it when he sits on one side because he sinks way in and the other end of the couch looks like it's about to lift from the ground, almost like a see-saw. He loves the Sopranos and likes to watch it in my apartment since I live in Little Italy he says it feels more authentic that way. I don't like the Sopranos so much. The first episode I ever watched I cold totally tell that Tony & Carmela's accent was fake, esp since I first saw Tony Soprano talking on a cellphone in mid-town and he spoke like a total normal American wuss. "Please" and "thank you" all over the place. Please and thank you my ass.

So Josh came over and we ordered from a restaurant down the block. He said "Now tis is sum real Eye-talian food" but he just got angry when I told him a lot of these places hire Mexicans to cook the food. So Josh left right after the show but still took all the leftovers with him.

Right before I went to sleep I went to check on the new automatic litter box I got for Dinkins, my cat. Millie says that name is very politically incorrect, even after I pointed out that the cat was kind of a grayish in color like the former mayor. Dinkins didn't go anywhere near the thing. I think he's upset about change, just as we all are. So I brought out his old one but right before I found out what he WAS using - my big bonsai plant that was the first thing I bought for my apartment years ago. Millie thinks it'll live but I tell her that this is much bigger and far worse than egg yolk on my sofa, which, by the way, isn't coming out. I used some green Palmolive dish liquid to foam it out but now the streaks are green. Nite

No comments: